Uberti Lightning in 357 magnum?

Deja vu

as a few of you may know my eldest son is looking at taking my marlin 1894 with a 16.25 inch barrel as his own. I am happy to let him have it cause he will keep it in the family.

How ever I am looking for a replacement gun. The little marlin trapper is my #1 deer harvester and I still want to stick with the 357 magnum. I am looking at a colt lightning replica because it would be fun to own a pump gun. Is there a short barreled lightning replica gun out there. I am thinking some thing 16-18 inches long, in my experience getting much past 18 inches and the 357 starts loosing velocity.

The guys that I know of that make Lightnings are Beretta & Uberti, and two big importers of Italian made replicas are Taylors and Cimmaron. Not sure what's offered in barrel lengths, but that should get you started. Taylors will offer advice if you call them - nice folks.

I think Chuck Hawks had a review of the Uberti lightening, although I don't think it was in .357mag. All the ones that I've seen with online sellers have been 20" or 24" barrels.

the last gun u EVER want to buy is an Uberti lightning. getting one to run is pure dumb luck.maybe another brand that does run,but I know the rep of the uberti's ,and I know the one my buddy bought.tht is all I need to know to back up my statement.
anyone who has one that does actually operate and shoot,you are the lucky few.

I.M.I. Timber Wolf if you can find one is hard to beat. I've had mine for 20 years, and have thousands of rounds through it. It has an 18" barrel. My hand load 140gr run over 1900fps.

Back