Uberti El Patron Vs. Colt SAA grip?

shurshot

Anyone know which generation of Colt SAA grips fit the Uberti Cattleman / El Patron? I have the Uberti on order (which comes with one piece checkered wood grips), and am considering either a set of aftermarket Colt SAA black rubber eagle grips or faux Ivory/ stag. Anybody know of something I can put on the gun that doesn't require drilling into the gun frame for the 2nd pin hole? Which generation Colt grip fits the Uberti?

Buffalo

Give buffalo bros a look see. You will have to fit them but no big deal. I have several sets on my shooters they look good and pretty easy to do. Do a search buffalo brothers

Give VTI Gun Parts a call. They supply parts for both Uberti and Pietta clones, and I believe they are somehow affiliated with Uberti. They have always been extremely cordial and helpful when I've called them with off-the-wall questions.

860-435-8068

VTI sells a uberti walnut checkered grip that will fit your gun and looks really great. ive put it on a couple of of my uberti colts.

Altamont Grips makes a number of SAA grips, but their website does state that "Due to frame variations, all Colt Single Action grips are made slightly oversized and may require some fitting by a qualified gunsmith"

I've never seen any Uberti aftermarket grips that bolt on with no fitting. Even factory grips don't interchange. The Italians finish the grips installed on the frame so frame dimensions do vary.

One Colt SAA grip is unlikely to be a drop in fit with another Colt pistol, they all require hand fitting. Doubtful they would come close to a Uberti without extensive fitting, altamont is my choice for my Colts but require a bit of hand work.

Back