Uberti .22LR Rolling Block Pistol?

ryan3465

Hello all,

I had a chance the other day to shoot what I was told is an Uberti Rolling Block pistol in .22 LR. It did say A. Uberti on the barrel and it was a great shooter. However, I've done a couple Internet searches and have come up with very little in the way of info. Has anyone ever heard of these? Are they still available? If they are I'd love to find one for myself. Thanks for your help!

Ryan
http://youtu.be/rxkWePzmfyU

That would be it! Although I believe that one is a .22 Magnum version. It is a really great shooter! Thanks for finding that

Ryan

Is there a reason that the pistol is so expensive (other than it potentially being a collectors item)? While I don't have much experience with rolling block actions, it seems like a relatively simple action style, which would be cheaper than a revolver or bolt action to produce. Just curious, I can't wait to get my hands on one

Original Remington Rolling Block Pistols were popular in the late 'Forties and 'Fifties (Nineteen Forties) for making custom single shot pistols. I remember Frank Haas had one in .401 Special which he wrote about very glowingly.

The Remington Rolling Block action was extremely stout in both rifle, carbine and pistol sizes and was prized for its strength for wildcat conversions.

Apparently Uberti thought it would be a good seller in .22 R.F. and offered it for awhile but obviously it wasn't a barn burner. Still, its a handsome pistol and a fun shooter.

Bob Wright

Thanks Bob I heard that they had discontinued them unfortunately. You are right they are great looking and a wonderful shooter.

Back