Uberti 1873

Polinese

Extremely high probability I am buying a Uberti 1873 in 357 on Monday or Tuesday (unless they sold all 3, entirely possible).

Any feedback or things I should look for/avoid?

Absolutely nothing.
Jewels... Taylor's Commanchero'd Uberti `73
http://www.taylorsfirearms.com/long-...ero-rifle.html
of which I have two (44-40 & 357)
... like melted butter

1873-SAECO-354-180-LFPGC-Blue-Dot-Ld.jpg

1873-158-LTC-W231-sm.jpg

Slicked up action/tuned trigger work.
"Taylor-Tuned" exceptionally well-done in all cases,
and well worth the charge

I recently picked up the big sister to the Uberti '73, a Uberti 1876 Centennial in 45-60. I made up some rounds for it last weekend and will be shooting it for the first time on Christmas Eve. My first impressions of it are very good. Very nice rifle and I can't wait to try it out!

The Uberti reproduction of the Winchester 1873 is the top rifle in cowboy action shooting, and the .357 is the top chambering (mostly using .38 Special).

They are oversprung and a little rough out of the box. Handle one that has been smoothed by an experienced cowboy gunsmith and you might be impressed.

A great looking rifle to boot.

Not sure if it was the Taylor's version in the rack, i'd just been on their website and noticed all their guns were uberti, but with a taylor label on em.

I dry handled whichever one was at the store a bit and was very impressed. Even as is, it's much smoother than my rossi 92

I think it may be fair to say that the old style toggle link actions are generally a bit smoother operating than the JMB designs, but the JMB designs are worlds stronger.

Not sure if it was the Taylor's version in the rack, i'd just been on their website and noticed all their guns were uberti, but with a taylor label on em.

I dry handled whichever one was at the store a bit and was very impressed. Even as is, it's much smoother than my rossi 92
Fill the action on that 92 with white lithium grease and work it a few hundred times and it will slick up so you can feed rounds with your pinky finger and will feel smoother than a baby's butt.

Back