Uberti 1873 Cattleman Stallion 22LR

jstanfield103

I was looking in the LGS the other day for a revolver in 22LR to match my 1866 Cimarron in 22LR. Found this Uberti Cattleman Stallion in 22LR for a good price and did not hesitate. Picked it right up. Took her to the range for the first time today, man what a great little shooter. I have a Ruger Single Six 50th anniversary that I like but it is not near the shooter this Uberti is. I was very impressed by the way she shot and accuracy was perfect.

I have a 1873 Beretta made by Uberti also that is really nice and accurate in 45 Colt. Uberti has really impressed me so far. Very happy with all my Uberti's so far.

I think I just (sort of) answered my own question.

jstanfield103, what you have is a Stallion? You wrote "Cattleman Stallion," but a look at the Uberti web site tells me there isn't any such critter. There is a Cattleman in .22 LR -- that's the same size as a centerfire 1873 in .45 Colt. And then there's a Stallion, with is somewhat scaled down. That's the one that's about the same size as the Ruger Single Six.

Aguila Blanca,
I think that both are on the box, so really did not know which is correct. But yes it is about the same size of the Single Six. Just love it.

I had one of those in the 10 shot version. Really nice gun. Mine seemed to have fairly tight chambers. After a few cylinders full of shooting, I really had to press the rounds in hard.

My Stallion 6 shot .22 only says 1873 on it, not Cattleman or Stallion. The Box says Stallion, but the Manuel indicates a safety bar system listed as under the 1873 Cattleman description. ?? Very confusing. It is in fact an 1873, identical to my Uberti 1873 .45, just scaled down.

I guess the only thing that matters is that it shoots to point of aim and feels good in my hand. :D

Guy's,
I have always had Ruger Single sixes. I have never been to impressed with their accuracy though. Grate revolvers, in fact I have the 50th anniversary model now that I will be keeping. It is not point of aim though. This stallion 1873 is dead on accurate and point of aim is right on. So is my Uberti made Beretta 1873 45 Stampede. I may have to buy some more Uberti products. They have impressed my so far. I've purchased the 1873 45 Colt rifle, 1866 rifle in 22lr, this 1873 Stallion and the 1873 45 Colt Beretta Stampede.

All great so far.

I bought a .22LR Cimarron Model P Jr for my grandson to learn to shoot.
Took him and it out for the first time yesterday. However, the grip size is way too big for his hand, and mine too.

Does the .22LR Uberti Stallion have a smaller grip size than the Model P Jr ?

I believe Aquila Blanca is correct,,,

i own a Taylor's and Co. "Cattleman" - .22 LR six-shooter,,,
I believe this is an Uberti made pistol.

It's the same size as my Dakota (also an Uberti) in .357 Magnum.

141023-cowboypair.jpg

Except for the grip screw,,,
They are near identical in appearance.

Fun shooter and well made.

Aarond

Back