Uberti 1849 Pocket Accuracy

Double J

I have a .31 Pocket pistol that shoots nice groups but hits 6 inches high and nearly a foot to the left at only 50 feet. Is there a way to re-align the barrel to the frame to regulate point of impact? On an older model dragoon, I installed sights on the barrel, but the pocket pistol is way off.

I have an original Colt 1849 that shoots about two feet low and left at 25 yards. I suppose the hammer could be welded up and a new sight notch cut.

I've corrected windage issues by beating the wedge deeper into the frame. I'm crazy though so do this at your own risk.

I've heard of lightly center punching the muzzle crown to move the impact point. I've not done it intentionally but I once dinged the muzzle on an old Stevens .22 which never shot right after that.

Steve

In one of his articles John Taffen ( excuse spelling ) showed a formular to figure the correct hight to zero any hand gun. This required replacing the frount sight with sodered on rifel sights from midway or Brownells catg. He has a site on sixgunner.com. May be of some help.
James:) :o :cool:

Back