U.N. stuff...again

Little-e

"Bastrop.. AllTexas News  Nestled behind a hillside, just out of sight from busy Highway 95 in Bastrop County, Texas, lies a growing fleet of nearly a thousand showroom-new SUVs, 4WD pickups, suburbans and vans.  These vehicles are not overflow storage for an overstocked dealer.  This fleet is owned by the federal government.

All the vehicles are U.N. White.

Rumors have been floating in the area for months about a fleet of suspicious vehicles being outfitted with prisoner cages, shackles and insignia such as “U.S. Police Force” and the U.N. roundel.  None of the
vehicles observed in the storage area appeared to have any markings at all other than window stickers with equipment data.

However, prison officials did confirm that the SUVs and vans were in fact being outfitted with prisoner cages and shackles.  When pressed for information on the intended users of these vehicles, a prison spokesman said they were intended for the Immigration and Naturalization Service.

However, vehicles assigned to the INS are predominantly painted green and those assigned to the Border Patrol are usually the same.  The suitability of a high-visibility color such as white for either agency is in question."

I originally got a copy of this article from a friend that was in D.C. and it was given to him by Rep. Scott J. Orr from Montana. He was passing them out.

Anybody know anything about "AllTexas News"? Is this a real source or has Rep. Orr (and me) been fooled.

The entire text is at- www.alltexas.net/news/bastrop.html

Lots of pictures there too.

We have TFLers in Austin. Bastrop is just a few minutes east of Austin so the existence and estimated count of these vehicles could be easy to check out.

Any of you Austin folks have (or have access to) a private plane?

There was an article in WND 2 weeks ago that clarified this.

Apparently those vehicles are a fresh shipment to a factory for the INS/Border patrol. There are all white cuz thats how they come from the manufacturer. They will be painted, retro-fitted etc ala INS specs. So, apparently its misinformation.

Can't give you the citation as my puter is a mess at the moment.

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Just for the record, here in south AZ I commonly see BP SUVs that are white with a green stripe along each side. That is all I ever see now. My girlfriend lives near the main BP station in Tucson and when I drive by I have not seen a green vehicle in their fleet at all.

------------------
RKBA!

Yes, this story looks to be misinformation. It looks to be legitimate INS vehicles. But there is plent y of other stuff out there that is not legitimate in my opinion.

Back