Two stage trigger for AR15

Greg Melcer

Inactive
I'm in search of a 2 stage trigger for my AR15. Anyone have any ideas about which one to get? I've heard good things about the Compass Lake as sold by Bushmaster, but I'm not willing to send my receiver off for 2-3 weeks.

Are any of these things a drop-in proposition, or do they all require gunsmith installation? As long as the surfaces remain untouched during installation, I can't imagine that anything other than minor adjustment is needed.

Anyone know where I can get a Milazzo-Kreiger trigger?

The JP trigger sure is popular, but it's not 2 stage.

Hi Greg,

The Milazzo-Krieger is about the best there is for AR-15 triggers. The USAMTU uses them beyond 20k rounds and they still hold up. I think Fulton Armory sells them, but so does Milazzo-Krieger. They may be reached at:

Milazzo-Krieger
N9178 Walnt Street
East Troy, WI 53120
(414) 363-8779.

Expect to shuck out some big bucks, but g'wan, you know you're worth it! Let us know how it works out.

4V50 Gary

Note: The above posting does not constitute a commercial endorsement by The Firing Line nor does The Firing Line have any financial interest or ties with Milazzo-Krieger (do we, Rich?).

Another alternative, which does not have such a huge price tag and as long a wait is the Armalite system.

My Armalit two stage trigger has been in my rifle for at least 3000 rounds of live fire, most of it very hot service rifle loads. It has also endured a lot of dry firing, probably at least its live fire count.

I would recommend that trigger, I don't know if it will go 20K but I know it will go 10K.

In single stage triggers, JP Enterprises is my choice. John Gangl is a shooter's shooter and a fine gunsmith.

This is not to impugn the Millazo, just to point out a couple of alternatives.

------------------
Ni ellegimit carborundum esse!

Yours In Marksmanship
http://www.1bigred.com/distinguished

michael

Back