Two simple questions about my new revolver...

andreb

I just got my new Taurus 85UL yesterday and since this is my first wheelgun I gave two questions that may seem stupid but one shouldn't be afraid to ask.

1- My gun came with a orange plastic disk covering the back of the cylinder. I thought this was just some sort of protection for transport but the store owner told me it is to be used when dry firing the gun. Is this something that replaces snap caps? If so, how many dry shots can I fire using it? Does it wear out?

2- The manual claims that because my gun has a yoke detent the extractor rod is longer making extraction more positive. Why can they make the rod longer by adding a yoke detent? Why is it that guns without a yoke deteny have a shorter rod?

Thank you in advance,

Andre

The disk will last a long time. Just rotate it slightly in either direction to expose a fresh portion of the plastic. Reverse, and then repeat on the other side.:)

The front locking detent needed on conventional designs takes up room to install. Without a long enough barrel, the rod must be shorter to allow for it.

Back