Two remington 700's and Timney trigger questions

Keith2

Inactive
I have two Remington 700's.

One is an older model CDL 30-06 from the 70's. The other is a little newer model bdl 25-06.

I am wanting to switch out the triggers with timney triggers. Will the same Timney trigger work in both?

The older rifle has the safety and trigger where you have to put it on fire to open the bolt. Many years back it went through a period where it would fire when you clicked on the safety. It hasn't acted up for many years.

The newer model 25-06 is made so that you can open the bolt with the safety on.

Will the Timney trigger make the old gun work like the new one?

Both of your Rem 700 rifles will do fine with a Timney trigger in them. The way the triggers attach to the actions are the same in all Rem 700s.

I believe all Timney triggers have 2 position safeties (on-off), so you will have to take the rifle off safe to open the action.

The Timney triggers for the Remington 700 that include a safety will allow you to open the bolt with the rifle on safe. If you get a Timney trigger that requires you to use the factory safety, your older rifle will still lock the bolt on safe, as it is the safety that locks the bolt.

I will trade you a newer style factory safety that does not lock the bolt for your older bolt locking safety. PM me if interested. I prefer the old bolt locking safeties.

Back