Two questions for AK-47 owners.

keithdog

Ok, question one. I own an AK-47 PSA-47 GF3 model. I have been looking for a single rifle soft sided case for it and am having a hard time finding what I am looking for. A single rifle case, 1000 denier or similar, internal straps to hold the gun, 3-5 external pockets for magazines. A double rifle case wouldn't be a game changer, but not needed. ALSO, and please don't think me nuts as I seriously don't expect this, but one never knows. Should God forbid, SHTF, do you recommend a vest that holds magazines and ammo? Thanks in advance for your replies. BTW, I just want to thank The Firing Line for providing such a great site for gun enthusiasts to support each other and our sport and concerns. You are the best!

Given todays climate...

Backpack.jpg

No I'm not kidding
I haven't bought an actual "gun case" probably since the 90's
Not to mention that there are usually far better options at equal/less price then "gun specific" stuff

I purchased a short “violin-like” soft case that was ~600d, held the AK (bayonet on or off) 3 mags on the outside and room for 2 more mags inside.
Very rugged and a good solution that could fit in other cases or large bags (bayonet off).

I agree about not attracting unwanted attention. The barrel on your GF3 is about 4 inches shorter than on my AK, so it would fit in a similar concealment bag even easier.

50373947837_77164a11f0_c.jpg

50373084708_966eb752b4_c.jpg

50373783426_f580413b4c_c.jpg

50373084773_e207d7c3f3_c.jpg

Last edited:
That tennis racquet backpack looks particularly apropos. No doubt someone has one for a violin that would work. (Hmm. Something tells me that violin case idea might not be original.) Skateboard backpack?

Back