Two guns in one?

bu-bye

I was reading the post "Primary home defence weapon system" about what is the best SHTF gun for your home. A long gun seems to be what most people like. I agree that a sholder supported gun has many advantages over hang guns. Some suggest having a hand gun as you back up weapon. I tried to picture myself scanning the house with my shotgun or AR and my boxers hanging on for dear life as my glock pulls them down. The BG would get more then one barrel pointing in his direction:D. How could i carry both guns with out having to put on a belt for the handgun? Has anyone mounted a holster to there long gun? So you have your AR with a handgun in a holster mounted to the stock for easy access. When you run out of ammo or have a jam on the long gun you can just move your hand back a few inches and pull out your hand gun and just drop your long gun. This setup will let you keep both guns together at night. Anyone already do this or heard of it. Pro's and con's of such a setup?

I think a better solution might be to have the handgun in a shoulder rig that you can just "shrug" into, if you feel the need to have both the handgun and the long gun. I'm not real big on hanging anything but optics on my long guns.

I know that you were not fond of having to put on a belt, but if you got a web belt and left the holster for the Glock on it, you could just snap the belt on in a few seconds.

Nevermind what I think drives your scenario, but the far more likely case is that you lose your long gun (drop it or to a BG) than run out of ammo, etc. Wouldn't want my hand gun "tied" to my long gun because the concept is that the hand gun is a backup.

A military pistol belt only takes about a second to put on....

I have seen an attachment where you can attach a short barrelled shotgun onto the underside of an AR-15 that way you can have two in one. But I would perfer a handgun myself.

The fellow above who uses a bandoleer with his shotgun is close.

I rivited a bianchi hard nylon holster for my 228/229/225, on the bottom. sling it over you shoulder grab the shot gun and go.

on the bandaleer is more shot gun buck and ball(slugs) magazines for the pistol, pistol, knife, flashlight and I am soon to add a carrier for pepper spray.

I can carry all that buck naked if I have to. Don't recommend it though. The bad guy could die laughing, and then I would be guilty of negligent manslaughter.

Try it, its cheap and easy, get a rivit gun at Home Depot or any hardware store and go!

Good luck!

Bandoliers ain't all that...least not if they're the swinging-from-the-weapon kinda of thing...like sling/bandolier combos. Load one up sometime, let it swing, and shoulder the weapon. Watch your point of aim oscillate gently back and forth as the mass on the sling pendulums...

Now, extra shells are good things. Thats why God invented the Sidesaddle and the (quality) butt-cuff. Also, the thrown-over-the-shoulder bandolier.

Mike

PS I have a speedfeed buttstock on my shotgun. I don't recommend it. The shells never want to come out in a consistent manner. Some pop right out, others stick inside and require much clawing. This all adds up to frustration in reloading drills.

No Bandoleer I can think of would be attached to the Long Arm Shotgun/Rifle.

Mexican style over one shoulder with rounds inserted etc. easy to grab and go!

Use one in my car/truck with my rifle there, only has rounds for the rifle though and a sheath knife, batteries for the carry flashlight etc. , cold steel recon tonto rivited to it.

You can also use a "tactical vest" with holster mounted to vest. Using vest gives you enough pockets & etc so you can have basics for bump in the night or fire evacuating or whatever.

Reloads for handgun and long gun good ideas. Plus flashlight, 1st aid kit, multitool.

You can use most any vest that is strong enough to carry the load. Vest for birdhunting will work, might want to modifiy it a bit.

Back