Two good rnds in one?

mm27

Inactive
S&W 625 chambered in .45 Long Colt.
Can .45 auto with the moon clips be used in the long Colt cylinder? Want to get a 625 love both calibers and was told that the 625 chambered for the long Colt would also handle the auto's with the use of the clip.
Tell me this is true.
Thanks Mark.
Wanted to add that the gun I may buy is an older gun 5-6 years old.My friend said that it is a commemorative.
Comes in fancy box with a medallion,and some other goodies.
And it has never been fired.

[Edited by mm27 on 03-18-2001 at 09:23 PM]

Sorry,

but they won't even work if you get an extra cylinder.

On the left hand side of the frame at the lower rear of the frame window, you'll see a small lug that serves to support the cylinder when you push the rod to eject the empties. The one on the gun you describe is set up to handle the 45 Colt.

The 45 acp/auto-rim was designed to use the auto round with it in a half-moon clip. The back of the cylinder thus had to be brought forward so the extra thickness would fit. The Colt has a normal thickness, the acp and clip about double that. The lug for the acp/ar thus must be that much more forward.

joker.gif
Rusty

Ruger has a new model Blackhawk SA in 45 long colt that comes with an extra cylinder for the 45 ACP. Let's see, BN44X 4 5/8 barrel blued for $465 suggested retail (you can get them for around $350, I'm sure) or the BN445X with a 5.5 inch barrel. Happy shooting!

Back