Two 91/30's

dcobler

YES!!!!! They came in today. Just picked them up and now I have about 8 minutes to eat, pack my lunch, and get out the door for work. Definetly worth being late if thats what it means. Will have more info and hopefully pics in the morning after work.

Okay, the bolts match the receivers. I did not think this was the case as I mixed up the boxes and pulled a bolt from the box I thought the rifle came from.

I have a 91/30 I got at the gun show for $150, just shot it for the first time Sunday. What a blast I put 60 rounds through it. I was at an outdoor range down here and shot 40 brown bear 7.62x54r and 20 of the Winchesters. I order the ammo at cheaper then dirt, takes 3 days to get it. one thing I recomend is the rubber buttpad, sucker kicks.:)

donotreturnwithoutpics.jpg

:D

I got mine for $80 at Big5. along with a few M-44's.
I love surplus rifles. The Big5 here doesnt sell them anymore, they said their place they buy them from donest have anymore.
I also second the rubber buttpad. You can get one that slips on and off easily at Wal-Mart for about $10.

Still in the boxes with the bayonets and the rest of the goodies. I've had time to pull one apart and clean it, so when I get them both clean, I'll move on to getting the rest of the stuff out.

Yeah, the counter is kinda cluttered. SWMBO made me clean it when she realized that I was taking pictures that were going to be posted on the internet. It didn't occur to her that I had already taken the pictures, but oh well.

looks like a couple of great rifles man! I have 2 Mausers, and love the historical aspect of these great WWII rifles. best of luck with them! :)

I got a new catalog from sog and they have them for 69 dollars. I sent them my ffl(03) several months back, guess thats why they sent me the catalog? but I can't get the site to recognize my ffl. has anyone ordered from their catalog with an 03 license? in regards to the guns, I have zero rifles and really don't know much about shooting them. all I have is handguns. is this a difficult gun to learn to shoot? it looks like a lot of fun but I would feel a little out of my element the first few times at the rifle range. any advice?

Back