Two .243 Winchester Rifles from the 1950's

Bushmaster1313

1955 Model 70
1957 Model 88
CIMG1167.jpg

CIMG1162.jpg

CIMG1168.jpg

They look real nice but a little to old for a 243 . I've been reading some theads on here . As far as I can tell by everything the people have siad, the barrel is only good for 800 to 1,200 rounds on a 243. A rifle that old is probable there already .

I think thats bull ,but its tuff to argue with people that know everything .

Love that Model 70.

What scope is that.

K3 Weaver Post on the 70 and 10 Leupold on the 88

They look real nice but a little to old for a 243 . I've been reading some theads on here . As far as I can tell by everything the people have siad, the barrel is only good for 800 to 1,200 rounds on a 243. A rifle that old is probable there already .

What a relief.
In that case it won't hurt to shoot them both -- a lot.

As far as I can tell by everything the people have siad, the barrel is only good for 800 to 1,200 rounds on a 243. A rifle that old is probable there already .

A 1955 Model 70 grew up before the Internet, it doesn't know it's not suppose to shoot past 1200 rounds.

I bet it shoots a heck of a lot better then the Internet says its suppose to. Especially one like pictured. Looks like it has been well cared for.

A 1955 Model 70 grew up before the Internet, it doesn't know it's not suppose to shoot past 1200 rounds.

I bet it shoots a heck of a lot better then the Internet says its suppose to. Especially one like pictured. Looks like it has been well cared for.

Unfortunately, with the Weaver K3 on the Model 70 it will not be possible to hit the side of a barn.:eek:

These guns were bought used but not abused.
My kind of firearms.
The magazine on the 88 would not hold a second round and I sent it to a gunsmith for fixing. Probably needs a new spring.

Very nice. I too like the old timers. There is a quality to them that isn't easily duplicated with the new production firearms. I like the wood stocks, they feel better on my face than the plastic choices that are available on most rifles these days. Hope you have remarkable pleasure shooting these.

Back