Tussey Custom “Resto Mod” 1911 Pistol

According to Tussey's biography, he was born in 1940. That would make him 80 years old today. I wonder how much longer he'll be in business.

Roy Huntington is the editor of American Handgunner. He's a "journalist". I'd be surprised if he actually has a working gun shop. Dunno for sure.
"...get away with stamping..." It appears that the horsey isn't their trademark. Only the word Colt with the big 'C' is trademarked.

T. O'Heir said:
Roy Huntington is the editor of American Handgunner. He's a "journalist". I'd be surprised if he actually has a working gun shop. Dunno for sure.
???

I was referring to Terry Tussey. His bio mentions a seminal incident that took place in 1957, when he was 17 years old. That means he was born in 1940. Tussey's web site is still active, so I assume that he does still have an active gun shop.

JDBerg said:
How did Enzo Ferrari get away with putting the prancing horse image on his sports & racing cars?

Ferrari:
attachment.php

Colt:
attachment.php

Note that, although the pose is similar, Colt's horse has a broken spear in its mouth. There's a story that goes along with that but if you want to know it you'll have to research it, because I don't remember where I read it. Something about a war horse whose rider was wounded (IIRC), and the horse protected its fallen rider by breaking the spear of an attacking foe.

This is actually a poor rendition, because it incorrectly shows two spear tips. It's supposed to be one spear, with the shaft broken in two by the horse. But the better images I found are all too large for use in this discussion.

Back