Turner All Weather Sling for high power

itman

I own a Bushmaster DCM. I have been slowly putting together what I need compete with my bushmaster. One of the things I need is a good sling. I believe that I have found the one I need but I do not know how long it needs to be. The link below has two langthes. 50"-52" or 54"-56". How can I figure out the right length? Also is this the best sling or is there one better (and/or cheaper)?

Also has any one ever done business with Creedmoor sports?

http://www.creedmoorsports.com/store/product.php?productid=16164&cat=251&bestseller

I have a couple of these. Get the longest, mine are 56" and I am in the next to the last hole when wearing a sweatshirt under the jacket. The sling stays put like nothing else, there is a trick to getting it to release, leave it connected and pull the end of the sling thats on the frogs, and it opens right up. I rig mine with the frogs out, I have it on my jacket when called to the line. When prep starts, I give it a twist, thread it though the swivel, and connect it to the frogs, just takes seconds to be ready to go. One problem I had was the keepers coming apart, I replaced the keepers with leather ones from John Weller slings while at Perry last year.
Creedmoor is a top notch outfit. Their Hardback jackets are used by almost every high power shooter on the line.

Get the longest one you can. The minimum you need for an AR15 is 52". I'd kinda lean towards a standard leather sling too, the biothane clings too much and is difficult to adjust in a hurry. The leather Turner is good, slings by Les Tam and John Weller are top notch but they cost a bit more than a Turner (I think Les is charging about $80 shipped).

And Creedmore is a great outfit.

I have a couple of the AWS Turner slings. My were first year slings and did not have numbers next to the buckle holes. I used a soldering iron and melted numbers. Permanent and looks awful. But works. I simply sling up to the number I write down in my data book.

I am still going through my stock pile of leather Turner slings. If you want to say a couple of bucks, try a 56" leather NM. I actually like them, but the sling keepers all stretch in time, which absolutely does not happen with the AWS.

As far as comparing Les Tam's to Turners, to anyone elses, well they all make excellent slings that have been used by lots of competitors

Back