Turkeys in Washington State?

jtduncan

Anybody know of any turkey populations on public land in Washington State?

The season opens mid April and anybody with a small game license gets a free turkey tag!

FREE??? When we were there turkey cost $18. Which was the same as a deer tag!!! So we never went hunting for them. ME and my brother did find one around camp while deer hunting though. We might have chased it with our pellet guns for probably and hour, but could never get close enough for a head shot. They always stay right out of range!!! One turkey doesn't necessarily mean a population of them, but it was in the Rimrock unit, over WhitePass from Tacoma. Thats where we did a little deer hunting, and quite a bit of elk hunting.

Thanks.

My wife already know we're getting our taxes done early so April 15th I can head down towards the Oregon border.

Did I tell you I got a .22lr conversion kit for my Glock 19 and it shoots to POA out to 30 yards! Nailed a couple of cottontail in Sultan a couple of months ago but need to get some more. And I just put a red dot system on my Marlin Papoose 22 rifle.

Maybe both would be great, rifle for 40-50 yard head shots and the pistol for 10-20 yarders.

Still haven't made any snowshoe enchiladas.

Back