tulammo brass maxx in 100 can

hoss1969

Anyone been using this suff? Guess its made in Bosnia, its the fact it spends all that shipping and storage around the water thats got me wondering about its stability. Its not really packed for long term survival from the damp and salt air of over seas shipping.

Unsure if the $30 per 1000 over the Winchester white box is even worth thinking about buying some. Ive seen some reports of primers installed backward and it being dirty burning ammo

My local Wallyworld is selling 50rd boxes of Federal FMJ 115gr for 10 bucks. I'm aware prices aren't the same everywhere, but I would stick with what you know, instead of gambling on something you're not familiar with.

it's pretty sweet stuff. not dirty, a little inconsistent shot-to-shot, but better than win white box. if I still bought ammo, I would still buy brassmax

backwards primers? doubt it. maybe once, I guess it could happen, but I have shot zillions of rounds of all sorts of tula, have never seen that before. but if your saying it's 30$ more than Winchester, I would buy the Winchester, I don't think either has an advantage over the other to justify a 30$ difference

Some older BrassMaxx was made in Italy, but most of their newer brass-case ammo seems to originate in BiH (Bosnia i Herzegovina).

I suspect that the recent demand for commercial ammo in the USA has gotten the attention of some European military suppliers who are essentially using Tula as a distributor. (That said, I don't have any independent sources to back this up.)
hoss1969 said:
Its not really packed for long term survival from the damp and salt air of over seas shipping.
Given that a proverbial bazillion HDTV sets are sold here each year, all of them come from overseas, almost all of them work just fine once they're here, and that ammo is better suited to harsh environments than an HDTV set, I don't think that shipping conditions are anything to be overly concerned with. :D

Good. Leave more of that crappy, waterlogged, salty ammo for me. I've shot hundreds and love it.
FWIW, TulAmmo has pretty much become a marketing outfit. Most of their steel-cased ammo is Russian, but brass-cased could be from anywhere (except Russia).

I bought the last two boxes of Tulamo Brass Max that Wal-Mart had.
That was about 5 months ago and I haven't seen any more since, the
price was in the $10.00 area as I recall and it was marked made in Italy.
I'd buy as much as I could if it shows up again. It worked real well in
my 1911.

...............................Jack

I buy it when it's what's available, and have never had issues with it.
Nothing special good or bad.

When they ship it I imagine it goes into some sort of a container. I'm guessing they don't just have the individual tubes rolling around on the deck.
Either way - like I said - I've never had a problem with it.

the brassmax 100 rounds come in plastic sealed containers, like Tupperware, don't think it's getting water-logged

btw...brassmax and perfecta are the same.

Tulammo is marketing ammo from different makers. Some if it is labeled so that it appears to be the same but the "made in" markings can help sort it out.

Tulammo Brass Maxx comes in two flavors, boxed and in a can. The boxed ammo is marked "Made in Italy" and appears to be Fiocchi ammunition. The Perfecta ammo also marketed by Tulammo is almost certainly Fiocchi.

The Tulammo Brass Maxx in a can is marked "Made in Bosnia Herzogovina" and is likely made by Igman.

I've shot a couple boxes of the "made in Italy" Brass Maxx in my CZ-75 and it seemed just as good as any other FMJ range ammo like S&B, Prvi Partizan, Fiocchi, Blazer Brass, UMC, WWB, or American Eagle. Then again, I have no qualms about using the steel-cased TulAmmo or Wolf for range ammo as my guns seem to function with them just fine (the only stuff that's ever given me issues is Silver Bear which seems to be sloppily made even by Russian standards).

Spooler41 said:
I bought the last two boxes of Tulamo Brass Max that Wal-Mart had.
That was about 5 months ago and I haven't seen any more since...
It's beginning to stack up at the Wally Worlds in my area. :)
JohnKSa said:
Tulammo Brass Maxx comes in two flavors, boxed and in a can. The boxed ammo is marked "Made in Italy" and appears to be Fiocchi ammunition. The Perfecta ammo also marketed by Tulammo is almost certainly Fiocchi.
I did not realize that the boxes were still coming from Italy. I thought it was an Old vs. New thing.

I've also theorized that it's Fiocchi because it uses the characteristic Fiocchi bullet jacket alloy that's almost the exact same color as the brass cases.
Spats McGee said:
I've shot some 600-800 rounds of 9mm BrassMaxx and haven't had a problem yet.
Ditto, although my round count is about 400. :)

Back