Tuckable iwb Holsters?

stonewall50

I carry an XDSC 9mm and I was wondering if anyone knew how useful and concealed these were? I don't know much about them. I know a place that has a Galco being ordered and it has 2 belt hooks. King Tuk. I've done some looking, but I'm hoping some of yall can explain more about the whole "tuckable" iwb process.

Are there things I need to know about how I carry it? I already iwb carry untucked. I'm just wondering if there is anything else I need to consider?

I have a couple Crossbreeds, and they work well. It's kind of a pain to get the "tucking" done, but they work. Of course, drawing your pistol requires a little practice.

I have a Ruger SR40. I bought a front line tuckable holster planning to wear it that way. The first time I tried tucking it, it sucked my shirt in around the gun. Very noticeable but then again the SR is a decent sized gun.

As far as the way they work a lot of them have a v shaped clip one side is attached to the holster and one side clips on your pants and your shirt gets stuffed down the middle.

I would get the Comptac version. The clips are strong and invisible. The holster really is thin. . .and it is easy CCW.

Last edited:
I have DeSantis IWB holsters for my two CZ's and the Mod 2 .45 and they allow tuck. They work just fine. Cost only about $25.

About the only time I ever have to tuck in a shirt is when I wear a suit, in which case I have jacket or sport coat on anyway. :cool:

High Noon Holsters makes a very versatile rig called the Double Jeopardy, which has adjustments all over it, and the clips can be set from IWB to IWB tuck-able. Really nice rig.

Thanks guys. I'm really only worried about the clips being obvious. Anyone think that is a non issue?

With the Comptac, they are very close to the belt and quite invisible. I don't normally wear as a tuck in where the clips are shown 100%.

With the metal clips, I have seen them on the street and think they are quite noticible when seen.

The difference is we know what they are. Does anybody else?

I recently bought a 2nd hand Glock 23 that came with a Galco King Tuc. I find if very comfortable. The metal clips work and all, but the metal ones tend to beat up your belt a bit, and they aren't as adjustable as the Comptac ones, which are longer and plastic. So I ended up ordering the "c-clips" from Com-tac, which cost a bit with shipping, but are quite a lot better, though a little thicker. Now, I can have the holster ride lower, and the black c-clips really are not that noticeable.

I also happened to have an Alien Gear on order, which was impossible to cancel even before shipping, so I took it anyway. That one is reasonably comfortable as well (for the Glock, not so much the Para because the pad is not high enough to shield the cocked hammer and beaver tail sufficiently from my skin), is a good price point, and comes with a lot of hardware, free shell exchanges and great warranty. The pad is synthetic, unlike the leather galco, and it does not take any break in period for it to work. The downside is that it doesn't get any better either, and the backing is flimsy enough that when you take off the holster, the retention is almost nonexistent (retention is fine while wearing it). This is because the pad just bends away from the gun (which it can't do while between your pants and your skin..

I ended up using the hardware that came with the Alien Gear (screws and o-rings) to attach the Comp-tac clips to both holsters (Comptac clips are also better than the Alien Gear ones). The screws on the Galco don't fit the Comptec clip because they are too thick, but the Alien Gear screw is perfect. The Galco and Alien Gear both use the same size threaded screw, just different lengths and head.

So, right now I'm liking the Galco with the Comptac clips and Alien Gear screws and O-rings. I find the tuckable IWB holsters very concealable with the Glock 23 and my Para P13 (Commander sized 1911), even in a simple tucked in t shirt. If you get the cant angle right, the gun disappears pretty well with just a little looseness of the shirt tuck (I'm positioning the holster lower for concealability, which works, but it probably is a slower draw...a trade off I prefer in my low crime area). I kind of think the tucked method conceals better than just having the shirt untucked and over the gun because the shirt kind of juts out a bit at the top of the pants, leaving expected folds that camouflage the outline of the grip. My family have no idea I wear it everyday or even one day.

The Galco is very well made, but is more expensive. I'd say it's worth it. I'm sure many competitors make equally well made versions.

Watch the Hickock 45 youtube videos on these tuckable holsters. He's convinced they are the future.

Last edited:
rickyrick said:
I just clip to the pants and the belt covering the clip...

Works good with sturdy fabric like denim

Same here. I clip the holster over the top of my jeans with the bottom of the clip in the watch pocket. My belt covers the clip.

This works well with a LC9 in a Kusiak Leather tuckable and a Sig P290RS in a Desantis IWB.

Haven't tried it with anything but jeans.

^^ This.

When I first started carrying, I had this crazy phobia that everyone was staring at my waist and I was constantly worried that I was printing....

It soon occurred to me, that no one was looking at me- just as I never look at anyone's waistline to see if I could tell if they were carrying.

Don't worry about the clips. They could be gold plated and no one would notice, or care...

It would be extremely rare that anyone would notice the clips & maybe .001% of those that did would have any idea what they were connected to.

MOST people don't even notice when someone open carries let alone prints.

Here's what I said about the tuckable hybrid holsters in a very similar thread:
Spats McGee said:
I've used either a CBST or a Theis (depending on which pistol I carried at the time) for almost 5 years. Currently, a G19 in a CBST is the usual. As I ordinarily wear a jacket of some kind, but it's really not hard to tuck the shirt over the pistol, nor is it very noticeable. On those occasions that I do tuck the shirt, I can wear it all day without any discomfort at about the 3:30 position. It really makes no difference whether I'm sitting, standing, driving, etc.

I swapped the cross-marked belt clips on my CBST with plain ones, just because I thought the distinctive cross screamed "HOLSTER" to anyone who had any clue what they were looking at. The only time that I know I've been "made" was at the NRA convention in 2013 and it happened twice:

(1) I was met pax face-to-face and she picked it out; and
(2) while I was looking at holsters, a holster maker unexpectedly slapped a holster onto my hip to show me how his holster fits. Naturally, he planted it right on top of my pistol. The look in his eyes led me to believe that he was surprised, but neither of us said a word about it. . . . .

1) Put on pants, belt and holster. (The first couple of times you put the holster on, you'll feel like a contortionist. That's OK.)
2) Put gun in holster.
3) Tuck shirt over holster. Let your belt out as far as you can without it actually being undone. Tuck the shirt in all around, being sure to get some fabric between the kydex shell and the beltline of your pants. It may bunch up a little right where the belt clips are, but that's OK.
4) Tighten the belt down.
5) Pull up a little bit of fabric all around on the shirt, so that you have just a little looseness around the waistline. You don't want the shirt so tight that you print every time you move.

Back