Tuarus M454 Raging Bull

bfj2

Does anyone have the Taurus M454? I am looking at getting that one or the M608 next and was wondering how it holds up.

If you haven’t noticed I love the Taurus line. They are great guns at a great price.

I too am a fan of Taurus. My Total Ti Model 85 and my Stainless Model 85 have both performed perfectly. As soon as I start reloading, the Raging Bull will be my next gun. Did you know the Raging Bull now comes in a larger caliber than 454, or at least this is what I have heard.....

re: Taurus M454 Raging Bull

I have one in 7 1/2" ported barrel. Even with the porting, the recoil is tremendous. It feels like a VERY hard slap in the wrist after firing. I have only put 1 box of shells through it (20 rounds), but that is more than enough for any 24 hour period for me. I had one spend case stuck in the revolver and had the cylinder not lock up, but the gun store owner corrected them. If you are a power freak, this is your gun!

Lightsped the 454 is the biggest one they make. They do have two new guns on the raging bull frame. They are the .44mag and the .22hornet. The .44mag is less then the 454 but a very strong round. If you want a high power round but the 454 is to big the .44 might be just right. I just got one and love it. The .22hornet in power is about midway between the .22 magnum and the .223 remington. As far as muzzle energy, it will probably be somewhere in the high .357 vicinity.

John

bfj2,

Actually, they do make another model now in .480 ruger. It bridges the difference in the power levels of the 44 Mag and .454 Casull. When I get one, I'll stick with 454 since you can still shoot 45 Long Colt in it.

had 454 raging bull 2 years,8-3/8,with burris scope, taurus mount,shoots 1 inch at 50 yards from sand bags with winchester 260 partition gold, I own several rifles that want group like that.I have shot almost every ammo that is available and the groups open up to 2 to 3 inches, winchester did their homework on this one,and bullet performance is awesome. Recoil is about the same as my s&w 44's that are not ported, and they did do their homework as well with the grips. Not going to put ruger down, I have 5 ruger rifles, and have always said they build as good of a gun as you can buy, handgun or rifle, but they fell on their but with the 454 redhawk, not ported, and grips that don't help with the recoil. I have a buddy that bought a redhawk and told me it was too much for him. I shot it last week with full house loads, it WILL GET ON YOUR HAND. I think I shot 80 rounds one day with the bull, don't know if I could stand 10 with the redhawk.

Back