Trying to remember a type of holster...

ke4gde

Inactive
I am trying to look for a holster i saw on here a while ago. i forgot what its called but it was very unusual. the way it held on to the weapon was by pushing the slide back a quarter of the way. the only place it attached to the holster was on the slide. it allowed you to carry a tac light or other accessory under the barrel. the only way to draw and chamber a round was to push down quickly and then aquire your target. forgive me i cant remember anymore. any help is appreciated.

John

OK, so how do you reholster? You have to eject the chambered round each time? What a PITA.

Neat idea, though. thinking outside the box is good.

Mike

True it is a PITA but on the upside if you are going to be outside at night for extended periods of time at least you can mount a UTL. It has its ups and down. who knows. :D

OK, I'm having acronym-block. Whats a UTL? A flashlight on the accessory rail?

I'm looking at this from the perspective of a cop, not a CCW holder. Cops are often unholstering their sidearms...and if you pull that bad boy out, you also gotta be able to put that bad boy away (just ask the guy from the first quote of my sig file ;) ). Fumbling with the magazine, the chambered round, the handgun and the bad guy, all at once, sounds like a recipe for disaster.

JMO.

Mike

ahhhh i see your point. although i am not an LEO i would have to agree that would be a bit difficult, but as a civilian well thats none to likely =)

oh a UTL is a Universal Tactical Light ( i think thats what it stands for) just mounts onto the rail of my HK.

Does Anyone Else Have a Problem - - -

- - - with mounting a flashlight on a pistol for "everyday" use? I mean, there is SOME justification for pointing a firearm anyplace you want illumination if you're on a military combat team in hostile territory. If the Rules of Engagement include "Shoot on Contact," fine. Otherwise, it is a VERY bad idea.

But even a police entry team will encounter a lot more NON-hostiles than justifiable targets.

I have flashlights, and I have firearms. Sometimes they are used in conjunction with each other. But I will NOT point a firearm at just anything upon which I wish to shine a light.:(

Agree with Coronach about such a rig being a situation fraught with peril. I personally believe that a non-LEO has even less justification for fumbling around to unload a gun in public than a cop--And I would certainly discourage the latter, within my own agency. (Exception: Taking the round out of the chamber of a shotgun, to return it to "Cruiser Ready" status, and this only back at the car, away from the former tense situation.)

Best,
Johnny

Back