trying to identify the trigger on my Remington model 722

Calfed

I'm trying to identify this trigger on my Remongton 722/possibly model 40 rifle.

Anyone able to help?

2pmwbel.jpg

1Lf9kzT.jpg

WjlPLPf.jpg

U3Dd0uo.jpg

Remove the action from the stock. If the trigger was made by someone else, it should have their name on it. If there's no name on it, it's probably the Remington trigger that came with the rifle.

Not a guarantee but seems most likely to me.

Remove the action from the stock. If the trigger was made by someone else, it should have their name on it.
That is NOT a Remington trigger. 722s had the older Walker triggers on them.
It looks like a Canjar trigger, but just to be sure take it out of the stock and check.

A poster over on the Shooters Forum has confirmed that it is a Hart trigger.

I really like this rifle, but am somewhat vexed because it does not have any model information on it.

Hart made 2- 2oz triggers. The Rem trigger made by Hart had coil spring under the sear. Hart eliminated spring in favor of strengthened torsion spring under middle lever. The front screw is engagement behind finger piece is over-travel and poundage screw.

Always debate over which is best.

The newer Rem 2oz adjustment just like 700 and doesn't have safety. If you want PM your address and I'll send you all the information I have on that trigger and when Rem quit using them.

Just to clear up few things.

Mike Walker was issued patent 1963 for Rem 2oz trigger. He change certain parts in 700 trigger.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys.

This rifle is a bit of a mystery. It is a Remington 722 action, but has no model information where the "Model 722" should be.

7h1Qy36.jpg

In trying to identify this rifle, I ran across this auction listing...

https://live.amoskeagauction.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/7/lot/996

It describes a "Custom Remington Model 40 X Bolt Action Rifle" , with serial number 7791 (only 31 off of mine)and "Built on an early 722-style action, the left side is not marked with the model". This sounds exactly like mine.

It has a beautiful stock, with an adjustable comb...

I02hE1J.jpg

And a CR Hart .308 barrel

5GSOdzS.jpg

Not sure what kind of trigger guard it has, although it was suggested that it might be an Al Freeland.

Z4lDCpm.jpg

It is also a single shot...

8pR2Jim.jpg

Back