Trying to determine value

MidForest

Inactive
OK, I was directed to this forum for my question...

:confused: Is it possible on this site to get some advice on how to determine the value of a couple of shotguns? I hate to sound like a helpless female, but I'm clueless. I have a few that were left to me by a relative, and I need to sell them. I've tried doing an internet search, but since I have no idea what I'm talking about, the information that comes back just overwhelms me. And beyond that, if I am able to determine a value, how does one go about selling a shotgun? I think I have someone interested in one of the guns, but when he asked how much I wanted for it, I had no idea what to say.

So any help or suggestions out there from one of you experts? I can supply photos and more details. (A quick list is: Remington UMC Model 10, Land of Lincoln Sesquicentennial Model 94 30-30 Win, Remington 870 Magnum Ducks Unlimited, Browning 12 ga). From what I can tell when I search, it appears the Browning has the most value?

I also have a Sheridan Blue Streak air rifle. As far as I know it functions, but I can't seem to find the 5 mm pellets for it. Is there a different size that will work? Looks like similar Blue Streaks sell for about $100?

Thanks!

Without pictures and more details...value is impossible to say ....

As an example, -- Browning, today --- makes at least a dozen or more diferent models or variations of that model in 12ga pumps, another dozen or more in semi-autos - and probably 50 or more in Over Unders....all in 12ga.../ and a number of models that are no longer in production.

So Browning 12ga ...is like saying you have a Ford...what's it worth...??
--------------
Most well run local gun shops will help you evaluate them - maybe put them on consignment for you for a % - or buy them from you -- depending on whether they're desirable models and in decent shape. You can sell them privately...or put a note on a bulleting board at a gun club...but you'll still need details and photos probably..../ maybe take them to a gunshow...all kinds of ways to sell shotguns...

not every 12ga Browning made is worth a lot of money ....( and I'm a big Browning fan - and have well over a dozen Browning shotguns)...and depending on condition, they may be worth next to nothing....??

[quote="MidForest']

A quick list is:

* Remington UMC Model 10 -

Pump-action (gauge ?), made from 1907-29, worth $100-$300, depending upon remaining original condition.

* Land of Lincoln Sesquicentennial Model 94 30-30 Win -

A post-1964 Winchester commemorative, $300-$400 "shooter" value; $500 to someone from IL (or a Lincoln fan/collector), but only if New-in-Box with illustrated box sleeve.

* Remington 870 Magnum Ducks Unlimited -

$350 (or less) "shooter" value to someone who doesn't care for the decoration; more to someone who does.

* Browning 12 ga -

A-5 (autoloader) ? BPS (pump) ? Superposed or Citori (over/under) ?

* Sheridan Blue Streak air rifle. -

$125 in 100% original condition.

how does one go about selling a shotgun?

[/quote]

Welcome to TFL !

As posted above, more info is needed for the "Browning 12 ga".

All firearm's value (what a person is actually willing to pay, today) varies by it's condition, desireability (just because it's a gun doesn't make it as valueable as another), and the venue in whitch it's offered for sale.

Local or consignment sales will generally bring you the lowest return, an online sale somewhat more (with good pics, etc), and an online guns-only auction website usually the best return.

It's legal, under Federal Law (check your local/state laws) for you to sell any firearm to another party (get paid 1st), keeping in mind that any sale to a resident of a state other than yours will require shipping the gun to the buyer's FFL/dealer of choice (about $40 postage/etc).

Last edited:
Back