truglo muzzleloader sights

Don't know to much about the truglo sight brand. But I do have a factory T/C fiber optic sight set on one of my Hawken's. Definitely they cause me to be more aware of having to be careful when walking the brushy woods & tight under growth as I don't think it would take all that much of a branch bump hook jab or whatever to break or dislodge the plastic glow pieces. As for having to wear eye glass's. When using those sights their much more compact in size when compared to T/Cs typical (buck horn) iron sights. So its a little bit annoying when having to make a snap or quick shot and also trying to get a reasonable level sight picture down the barrel all at the same time. But dr1445 if your one of those guys who gets out early in the AM before daylight and hunts till darkness falls. Those fiber optic sights surely help with that kind of persistent hunting. Those fiber optic sights don't require much sun light to make there fiber rods glow as I recall.

it is mostly for paper punching at the range, at 70yrs any sight is dim! i can still ride my bicycle 20 or 30 miles and i am good for walking 3or4, but dragging a deer not going to happen. i just started foolin around with inlines, and find a scope complicates the fun, especally when it comes to clean up. the marbles and williams front ramps with dovetails for the sight post are for #6 screws. my blk diamond takes a #8, not sure about the omega since it is still "in the mail".

Back