• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

True off topic section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rant Casey

What about a real off topic forum section for non firearm related posts? I think it would give members a chance to get to know fellow members a bit more and provide a little entertainment. What do you think?

Sigh. The lack of an off topic forum is actually costing me quite a bit of money. You see, if there was one I wouldn't have to go buy a new gun every couple weeks to talk about it at night when I'm bored at home :(

true off topic section?

I belong to another forum, they have an area called the "Lounge" where it can be any topic as long as it is legal.

It is a lot of laughs and fun and sometimes annoying as some members do not read and get a lot of exercise jumping to conclusioons. when that happens I lurk over here but I only have a very narrowly defined interest in any kind of gun, weapon, etc. and so I don't stay long in this location.

I would enjoy some kind of light hearted area to be viewed after an annoying day at work. A few jokes would be in order, as it would beat a few drinks.

Well I said everything I needed to say . I need to get back to the other forum.:)

Best wishes Ed:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back