Truck Bed Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobaltX

Inactive
Not sure if this topic fits in here but been looking tonneau covers recently and can't decide which one to get. I haul stuffs and will have box for the firearms that I don't want to be exposed like when I stopping at gas station. Nothing crazy, just a very secured one that limits at least 95% of rain water. Just curious if anyone got and what kind you got?

Take a look here: TCW

These guys seem to have the best no-nonsense info and verifying the right fit.

There are also some boxes that are made to hold guns if you don't want to cover the whole bed.

I have the undercover. Basically three folding black aluminum panels that provide cover when closed, but open up if you need to. You do lose about a foot of bed length when it's open, if that's a problem. The black color also means it heats up during the summer.

If you have a locking tailgate, it does provide a little bit of protection. Won't stop someone with a pry bar.

My feelings:
  1. Cloth provides absolutely no security and can collapse under snow.
  2. Single hard cover doesn't work well with cargo taller than the underside of the cover.
  3. Folding hard cover (backflip and undercover) is a good compromise.

I have Tonneau Pro it's not bad keeps everything dry. Only problem I had is the sun beat the daylights out of the stitching after 4yrs. and had to have it restitched. Other tham that no problems.

I have a TonnoPro Roll-up. With the hard folding or raise-up ones you can't put anything big in the bed without taking it off. You should be able to find a low profile tool box to bolt in that will fit under the cover.

Trade your pickup for a van?
That's what I did.
Or, if you don't like that idea, how about one of those thick walled, form fitting steel or aluminum boxes for the pickup bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back