TRP Operator, with the Springfield Custom Shop Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundFx

Inactive
Hello Everyone,

I've been following the great community here for a while, and until now I've just felt like I didn't have much to contribute (that the collective wisdom didn't already cover in spades). Anyway, I'm very proud of this gun!

Wish I was skilled enough to have done the custom work myself. I've posted a few pix on different forums, but I just took these today when I was taking a break. Many, many changes have been made to the original weapon (it was GREAT gun to start with). Total money pit, but I love it. Hope you like it too.

dsc00654.jpg

dsc00688.jpg

dsc00676.jpg

dsc00668.jpg

dsc00665.jpg

dsc00660.jpg

Well, here goes. Kart barrel hand-fitted, rear of slide 40 lpi serrated, Ed Brown parts throughout - mag release, sear, sear spring, disconnector, hammer, thumb safety, firing pin, everything. Except the grip safety. Also: FBI slide stop treatment, Hard Chrome entire pistol, Champion yellow tritium rear sight, Nighthawk trigger, test fire, etc.

The Springfield Custom Shop is simply the best way to make a better-than-good pistol into a great pistol. They were wonderful, and I'll send them work whenever I can afford to.

S.

Sound,

That's an absolutely beautiful pistol. Welcome to TFL. Best first post I've seen in a while!

Enjoy your stay and happy shooting!

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I appreciate it. Don't know how it shoots yet, but won't be too long. My dad's really ill, and he's coming to visit soon. I want him to shoot it first.

Thanks again!

S.

14 years ago. SA Custom doesn't do that stuff any more.

When you say any more how recently do you mean? A member at my range had sent his Range Officer off to SA custom for front strap checkering and a trigger job. He had to contact them to get a service list and associated prices, but they did do the work back in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not usually a big fan of railed 1911’s but this one is an exception.

Those grips are awesome!

I’ve always been a big fan of hardchrome finishes and this one is a great example.

I’d enjoy seeing a range report when you get a chance. Every TRP I’ve ever tried has been a tackdriver and with the fitted Kart barrel, I’ll bet that this one is also a tackdriver.

Last edited:
:)
Not usually a big fan of railed 1911’s but this one is an exception.

Those grips are awesome!

I’ve always been a big fan of hardchrome finishes and this one is a great example.

I’d enjoy seeing a range report when you get a chance. Every TRP I’ve ever tried has been a tackdriver and with the fitted Kart barrel, I’ll bet that this one is also a tackdriver.
14 years ago. Might be shot out by now:D

There's really not much point in responding to a 14-year old thread.

The OP -- SoundFX -- hasn't been on this forum for more than seven years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back