• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Trouble with "Republicans v. Libertarians (OPTIONAL reading)" Thread

deanf

In this thread, and only in this thread, the text is formatted such that words go past the right edge of the screen by about half a page.

This causes the horizontal scroll bar to appear at the bottom. I have to move the scroll bar to read the posts. Very annoying. Can this thread be reformatted to fit in the screen?

I'd like to fully enjoy this thread, but it's impossible at this point.

------------------
“The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals. ... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of.” -Alexander Addison, 1789

[This message has been edited by deanf (edited August 07, 1999).]

DC screwed the pooch by posting a URL that is larger than screen length. You see the results. I'll fix it in exchange for one fish burrito, compliments of our Legal Moderator.
Rich

Shoulda known better than to blame DC for this. She's the one who first taught me about the problem. (Besides, mistakes are not in her arsenal!)

Culprit was found and severely beaten. ;) Thread is working now.
Rich

Much appreciated. I had taken to cutting and pasting the whole thing into a "Notepad" file and reading it that way, but the UBB stuff doesn't come though. Can't tell when someone is winking, or grinning, or anything. ;) :D

-boing

Back