Trouble with grip screws on Hi-Power

The grip screws on my Hi-Power keep working themselves slightly loose. Normally it wouldn't be a problem but they work just loose enough that the thin Spegel grips shift when squeezed. Tightening the screws again works for about another 50 rounds.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to permanently tighten the screws, yet still be able to remove them for cleaning and maintenance?

Bartholomew --

Well, you could try a little blue loctite. The kind that can be removed by simple tools. Or, in my case, the slippage wasn't caused by loosening. I wasn't tightening the screws porperly. If I pushed the grips forward as I tightened, the screws didn't come loose. Don't know why. But it worked for me.

I also have those really great stocks on both my Brownings and no matter how tight I torque the screws the panels are loose. I'm gonna give Icopy's suggestion a try and see if it helps. Other than this glitch, how do you guys like these grips? I'm completely sold.

Thanks for the suggestion Icopy. I'll try pushing the grips forward next time and see how that works first.

nwgunman - really like the Spegel's for their beauty, slim shape, non-grabbiness, and grip.

Overall I still like the big Hogue soft rubber monogrip the best for shooting - but the Hogue is certainly not slim and the soft rubber is bad about grabbing the cover garment. It also doesn't compare to the Spegel's for sheer aesthetic joy.

Back