Trouble with chiappa little badger.

mccraggen

Inactive
So I got myself one of these bad boys in 22 mag, and the damn thing is shooting straight.

I have tried 2 scopes but im thinking the culprit is the plastic picitiny rail the scope mounts to.

Everything solid n snug, could a plastic rail really be causing 6 inch groups at 50?

I did a quick search and found some reviews that claimed 3 shot groups between 5/8" to 1 5/8" with the magnum version at 50 yards using 8-25 scope. Also some iron sight groups that were 1 1/2" to 2 1/2" at 25 yards. I would try using the irons just to see if I could get decent groups without the rail/scope being involved. If it stays at 6 inch or more I'd suspect a flaw with the rifle rail or something else. Maybe contact Chiappa?

"Everything solid n snug, could a plastic rail really be causing 6 inch groups at 50?"

I've used polymer riser blocks(similar to a "plastic" base) on a couple of AR type carbines w/o noticeable accuracy degradation.

Shoot it without the scope first. If it shoots OK, then put the scope on. If the groups open up, try a different scope.

Back