• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Trolling dealers?

yankytrash

Just for reference, I did agree to the banner ads Rich asked about awhile ago.

However, a certain post caught my eye: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135581

The second post in 2 weeks from this user, which was also a similar ad. As most of you realize, he/she's not the only one doing posts like these.

If you go for the banners, can we boot these bandwidth abusers? Makes the TFL Gunshow feel just a little trivial everytime I see posts like these. It ain't too bad if they stop by and have a chat while posting ads, but posting ads only is, well, robbery.

Just my $.02

BTW - Just a thought - if y'all decide to go for the banners, wouldn't letting dealers slip in regular freebie ads be unfair to your advertising space purchasers?

I visited the armalube website. Not much in the way of information or substantiation. Price? Let's say it would have to be pretty damn good to be twice or more the cost of FP-10, which it is.

Easy to tell the wheat from the chaff around here. The risk run by those with bad products or services is that they will be compared to the good ones represented here. Won't last long around here if you're not good value for the money!!!

Wouldn't want to lose the perspectives or the free samples of folks who legitimately want to be part of TFL.

y/t has a point though about banner advertisers.

Know what?
I think we'll let the Members handle this one. That doesn't mean Open Season. Do it as the Staff would....behind the scenes. Post neither the ensuing arguments or victories publicly.

Fair enough?
Thanks for the help.
Rich

Back