• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Troll on 6/15

Russ

On 6/15 I was on TFL and I read a post that said something to this effect "I am a Troll. I am a middle aged man... I log in bulletin board under different names.... It freaked me out.

There was a name and an address in Oregon. I then noticed that all the posts said the same thing. I remember Oatka and some other's posts all saying the same stuff.

Did the TFL get hacked, a virus introduced, or was this part of the problem you addressed in your annoucement?

I could not access TFL for the remainder of the day. Or was this something on my end? Did anyone else see this?

I really enjoy TFL. This a great service you are providing. This incident was very disturbing because I would hate to see this site be compromised for any reason.

Thanks for this great site.

Russ

Nope-
It wasn't a hack.
That happened to be the post I had pulled up from the database at the same time I was working in another window..

When I screwed up the files, that one remained since the file was in use. When I filed it and moved on to correct my othert blunder, all deleted posts referenced that one for about 30 seconds.
Rich

Thanks Rich. Sorry for my sorry grammer and syntax. I'm not nearly as eloquent as many who post here.

Again, thanks so much for this site.

Russ

Back