Trivia

David Schmidbauer

Retired Screen Name
Here is the scenario;

Black-uniformed men of a governmental organization wearing "coal scuttle"
helments and carying German-made automatic weapons attack an area compound.

These government officials were searching for illegal weapons reported by a paid informant to be in the compound.

The people in the compound were known to keep to themselves and be harmless prior to the assault.

The government officials invited the news media to document the assault to show the public how dangerous the people in the compound were.

News media told the public that the people in the compound practiced contemptible sexual rituals involving children as part of their evil religion.

In the initial assault a number of government officials were killed and
wounded.

After the initial assault the government organization magnanimously arranged a truce so they could treat their casualties and so children could be evacuated from the compound.

After the initial assault military units with armored vehicles were called up to assist.

After an extended siege the the compound was burned to the ground.

OK people, WHAT event did I discribe?
WHO were the Govt Officials that assaulted the compound?
WHO were the people in the compound?

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

[This message has been edited by David Schmidbauer (edited August 18, 1999).]

At least this one is easier than Geared Up's Questions :)
I'm still stuck on 3 of their questions...anyone wanting to help me cheat?
LOL

------------------
The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what it is one's destiny to do, and then do it.
HENRY FORD, "Success," Forum, October 1928

Two answers come to mind.

1. The event was the destruction of the Warsaw Ghetto. The government forces were German troops, probably SS though I can't specify any unit numbers. The people in the compound were the Jewish residents of Warsaw and other Jews taking shelter there.

2. The event is the destruction of the Branch Davidian compound at Waco. The government forces were BATF. The people in the compound were the members of the Branch Davidian church.

How did I do?

Is it a small town in Texas?
Were the gov't officials associated with the IRS in any way?
and were the victims followers of a man who's initials were D.K.?

Oh, and I'd agree with Doug's first guess also

[This message has been edited by TR (edited August 18, 1999).]

I assume you're describing the "standoff" that occurred in Waco, TX about 6 years ago.

The government officials that first assaulted the compound were the BATF. The FBI then took over and cleaned things up nicely by burning it to the ground, along with all the people still inside.

The Branch Davidians were the unfortunate victims.

Anyone read the "I just saw Waco:Rules of Engagement thread?" Pretty scary stuff...

------------------
"...What will you do without freedom? Will you fight?... Fight, and you may die, run and you'll live, at least a while. And dying, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that, for just one chance, to tell our enemies, that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!!!"
-------------------------
je suis prest

[This message has been edited by Darthmaum (edited August 18, 1999).]

Interestingly enough, the 2 events I mentioned happened 50 years apart almost to the same day. The 'Grand Aktion' assault on the Warsaw Ghetto occurred from 18 April, 1943 thru 16 May, 1943. The final assault on the Branch Davidian compound occurred on 19 April, 1993.

Other date coincidences: The 'shot heard around the world' fired at Lexington on 19 April, 1775. That SOB Hitler was born on 20 April, 1889.

Sounds like the assault on the Warsaw Ghetto. Dan Kurzman's The Bravest Battle is a good account of the tragedy. Gen. Stroop's, the nazi general in charge, also had his diary published and it was available recently. It's somewhere on my bookshelf.

"Juden haben waffen!" or "The Jews have weapons" cried a surprised soldier when first fired upon. Tough for them, good for the Jews.

A parallel would be our own Govt's assault on the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

[This message has been edited by 4V50 Gary (edited August 18, 1999).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Juden haben waffen!
[/quote]

That'd make a great bumper-sticker for JPFO!

Dougs first answer was the one I was refering too.

I don't believe how you could relate this to OUR Government involvement with Waco. I mean surely the Attorney General/President was just trying to save the childre... SLAP... OK... I'm awake now! :D

It is uncanny how alike the too events are. Makes you think... or it should!

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Back