Trivia Contest Winner Announced.

Hmmmm... researchers???

My sources say it is a Reagan quote, and makes to mention that it was said first elsewhere. If anybody can prove it, I'd like to know.

Hope you'll be participating in future contests Ladyd

Geri Weaver www.geardup.com

------------------
BlackHawk Authorized Dealer (BAD) - "Better than catalog" prices & free shipping http://www.geardup.com/gearedup.htm

Trust me Geri, I take this all in fun. But, (there's always a but, isn't there) I have 2 bones to pick.

1) The earth was definitely the first planet to be struck by a man-made object.

2) Robert Goddard invented the bazooka and demonstrated it to the Army during WWI. See: www.allstar.fiu.edu/aero/rgoddard.htm

Nancy Reagan was, indeed, the originator of the quote in question above.

I promise, teach, I'll do better on the next one. :)

(BTW, the link to the contest shouldn't have a dash in "triviacontest".)

[This message has been edited by Mal H (edited October 01, 1999).]

Bummer, Dude! Man, I had them all except for that Code of Conduct thing. A buddy of mine in the Army said the quote was from the Manual for being taken POW. But I guess that falls under Code of Conduct. I was all over the Army Documents website and it was right under my nose! Ugh....

And the Chinese Emperor was also known to be the first to widely use Ginseng, if you are willing to call that a "medical" treatment.

And I was sure that the bazooka was used in WWI, or at least the Spanish Civil War in the 30's. But then I saw Bill Gate's Encarta thingy and it said WWII.

I'd like to put my vote in for a Carlos Hathcock Shirt....

[This message has been edited by othermarc (edited October 01, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by othermarc (edited October 01, 1999).]

We did add "other than Earth" to the planet question so that there would be no confusion over the intent.

Believe me... I'm not taking these questions from my own personal knowledge... they are in print from a widely available and popular source.

How 'bout for future contests... if an answer to question can be verified as incorrect or capable of having more than one answer, the first person providing proof receives a $10 gift certificate. Would that be fair?

This would, of course, exclude the bonus question.

Keep the feedback coming. The trivia contest is a work in progress. Oh and yes, there is no
"-" in the link.
www.geardup.com/triviacontest.htm

But we do have a new "dashed" name...
www.geared-up.com

Geri Weaver

------------------
BlackHawk Authorized Dealer (BAD) - "Better than catalog" prices & free shipping http://www.geardup.com/gearedup.htm

[This message has been edited by Geared Up! (edited October 01, 1999).]

Back