Tritium sights, which one?

Godspeed

Inactive
I recently purchased a Benelli Nova and boy do I love it!!! One complaint though, the front blade sight falls off under recoil. I have tried everything short of welding it on and I figure I need a trituim front sight anyway so might as well get one.
Which tritium front sight should I get? How do I install one on a non-ventribbed smoothbore barrel? Also I wouldn't mind a ghost ring set up for the rear (must have protective ears and doesn't need to be tritium) are there any sets I should look into?

Thanks for your help,
Godspeed

If you just want a tritium front bead, the Meprolight unit is good. I have installed a few of these in the last year. All it requires is the proper numbered drill bit and a tap. After the unit is screwed in (and Loctited) you can remove the threads that protrude into the barrel with a cratex wheel on a Dremel, if you like.

On one of the units I painted a white outline around the tritium dot for better visibility in daylight.

If you want ghost rings, go for the permanent installation of the front ramp (via brazing, IIRC) like Gunsite does. I think they use MMC sights. You could do worse than sending your gun out to Ted Yost at Gunsite to do the job.

Okay I'll go with the MMC's on your and a smith's recomendation. He wants $180 for the sight and $55 to install it. Seems like a lot of money to me! Am I way off here or is that about what I should expect?

------------------
Best Regards,
Godspeed

Back