tritium for my SP101?

greg c

Just put down the 1911 for a second and picked up my trusty SP101. Man, this is a solid little beasty! I am a firm believer in .357 and I would have no trouble using this as a carry piece, but the stock front sight leaves something to be desired. Are there any aftermarket sights with tritium inserts?

Greg, I got my sp101 Trijicon tritium front sight from http://www.arizonagunrunners.com a few weeks ago for $46 delivered. I "installed" it myself and kind of butchered the job (cosmetically). It's an easy installation, I just wasn't using my head. I believe it is a factory Ruger front sight that Trijicon drills and inserts its tritium tube into. Your pistol will have the exact same profile after installation. Good luck.

P.S. I'm also a big fan of the 357 sp101. After I put the tritium sight in, I also installed a Hogue round-butt Monogrip (with cut-outs for all three fingers) and ran 100 rounds of dirty UMC 125 gr. 357 through it. I couldn't ask for more. It's a great gun!

Our gunsmith at the gunstore I work at instals AO front sights on SP101s on a regular basis. He has to drill out the cross pin and replace it.

Cheers,

ts

Thanks for the help- I ordered mine from AGR yesterday-

November, can you tell me how you installed yours?

Yeah, now I'm all curious!

And I might not even be keeping my SP-101 (love the gun, not sure about the usefulness of the .357 out of the short bbl, when compared to the S&W 940)!

But I'd like to know about the installation of the Trijicon sight.

Back