Trition Quik-Shok .380ACP+P

o-town

Is this a good defense round for a .380ACP pistol? I bought these hollowpoints at my local gunshop/range. The owner seems to really like them.

I shot about half the box without a problem. I bought a used Interarms FEG AP MKII. Put 110 rounds throught it in a couple of hours without a problem including the Triton +Ps

Triton makes quality ammunition. In tests I've read, they open just as reliably as everybody else.

You should test any ammunition you plan to use for self defence. Guns are weird. Some will feed hollowpoint, but not hardball (rare). They can also be finicky on the accuracy side. Test each one out with a benchrest for accuracy and reliability.

Good stuff. Triton posts on GT and gives some good info about the round that is not on the web. He gave stats on the round going into gel. And said the circle the fragments make is about 10 inches and goes around 9-11 inches deep.

Drundel,

Triton Moderate the Caliber Corner Forum over on GT and we post on many other BBS.

I believe you may be confused on the circle of dispersion data though. None of our Quik-Shok bullets have that large of a circle. We have found that a 4 inch +/- circle of dispersion produces the best results for defensive use. The Quik-Shok’s advanced design allows us to tailor many different performance characteristics (depth prior to separation, angle of separation, depth of penetration, to name a few) to achieve optimum performance.

Does Triton Make this stuff in .22LR also?

One of my "pocket pistols" is an NAA "Mini". I have kept it loaded with "Stingers" for a long time. These "Quick Shok" cartridges sound like they would be better. A lot of times, the Mini is a third gun. Sort of a "last chance" thing. (It's the only thing I can wear on my ankle.) I'd like to increase the probability of success with this last chance hide-out pistol.

KR

Does Triton Make this stuff in .22LR also?

Triton produces the center fire versions of the Quik-Shok. CCI is licenced to produce the .22LR. Though I don't believe it is listed on their website yet it is in their current catalog.

Quick Shock is the finest ammo, and among the most accurate I've ever shot.

I prefer the .22 QS by far over the Stingers. I was a stinger fan ever since they came out and Quick Shock is the first and only to exceed them according to my experience.

I love my Makarovs above all other pistols... However, since Triton does not make ammo in 9x18 I spent MONTHS finding the best .380 for me.

I have bought and sold nearly every one on the market and tested all the rest that I've been able to find. I settled on the FEG SMC .380 imported by KBI but no longer generally available. I've heard that the NEW Walther PPKs will in fact just be FEGs. IF so, Walther will finally have a reliable .380 PPK. My FEG is smaller, thinner and lighter than my Makarov and unbelievable as it is, more accurate. Also, the little FEG has the straight line loading from magazine to chamber that gives it reliability like a Makarov!!!!

Quick Shock is AWESOME in every caliber. The hydrostatic shock, expansion, exit hole has to be seen!!! You will not believe it otherwise. When you get a chance, go get some BIG mellons, cabbage, etc. wrap it in some old denim or old clothing and do your own tests. OR if you are a farmer, harvest your next pork or beef with it. There is nothing that comes close in my experience, it's like going UP two or three calibers.

Back