Triple K Mags any good?

Dont have an AR but I have one modified for use in a CZ-50 and it is OK about even wity USA mags give or take. The Mag I used was for a Lorcin 380 had to make a new cut for the latch and it does not hold back the slide ( I need to alter the follower) but I can say that they are made out of fairly good steel as whittling on it took some time.

[This message has been edited by Nestor Rivera (edited February 10, 2000).]

DO NOT BUY THEM!! I saw them in the Cabelas catalog about 5 months ago and decided to order them. Days later I got them in the mail and hurried to see if they'd fit. The dang things wouldn't even fit into the rifle unless I physically shoved them in. Getting them out was even harder. I had to yank down hard. I sent them back and received my refund less shipping. Just stick to the USGIs. Thermold and Orlite are okay too.

SVT,
Where did you get yours from? When you do receive them, try it out anyways. The fit may be there but don't know about the function.

Always check out any new magazines. Triple K makes a lot of mags that can't be gotten anywhere else, but for common mags I would try someplace else. Not the highest possible reputation.

Jim

I was ordering bulk .223 ammo from Cabelas. I saw the mags and low price so I figured what the heck. I just received the shipment 30 minutes ago. If the weather holds up, I'll try em out today.

So far I'm not impressed. The mags looked really cruddy like they were returned by a bunch of other people :mad:
There's burrs all over the place :mad:
4 of the mags wouldn't even fit into the mag well. I'm going out to the range in about an hour. Lets see how the ones that did fit perform.

SH%^%$$#$#T Triple K Mags!!!! I fired 4 GI Mags, no jams. 2 Colt pre-ban mags, no jams. 5 out of 6 Triple K mags jammed. I'm sending them all back to Cabelas. :mad:

I hope Cabelas catches on that the Triple K mags are crap and stops stocking them.
After sending the mags back for a refund, it took about 2 weeks before the money went back into my credit card.
Check out www.ar15.com and go to the discussion forum. The For Sale-Magazines section has plenty of mags to buy from various individuals.

I couldn't believe they sent them in the first place! There were burrs and dents on 8 of the 10 mags. If that's how they come from the factory... geez. Atleast the bulk .223 ammo fired fine. Wish I asked for your advice sooner Spirex.

Back