Trijicon F/S Blade for J-Frame?

JNewell

Does anyone know a source for a Trijicon (or equivalent) front sight blade for the J-frame revolvers with the pinned front sight? Brownells doesn't sell them. S&W has the part but they will only sell it installed at the factory. This seems a little silly, since we're talking about the pinned version, not the older versions with the front sights that are part of the barrel and have to be drilled for the tritium insert...

S&W used to charge $65 Installed for this work. If it were mine, I'd send it to them and avoid losing my lifetime warrantee.

Clemson -- I know! :-) I had this done on another J-frame...I think it was a total of $75, including return overnight UPS. Not bad, but it took a couple of weeks, and dealing with UPS is a huge headache for a job that requires nothing more than careful use of a pin punch! Still, you may be right.

You know I have been woundering the same thing ever since I bought my 640. I thought I read someplace that you can also have a rear sight installed on these J-frames.

Since Trijicon is right up the street from me, I will give them a call to see what they can tell me and then pass it along here.

Stay Safe,

I think the deal is that you get a coupon and send the revolver to Tool Tech, which does the installation. They drill the rear sight area for the two rear lamps and glue them in. The front is either drilled, on the older integral sight models, or a new blade installed on the newer models. Let us know if that turns out to be correct.

For a revolver used at typical SD ranges, I don't think it's a big deal to have only the front sight illuminated, but YMMV.

Back