Trijicon ACOG questions

JMB

I am thinking about purchasing an ACOG 4x32 scope when my AR15 finally comes in, but I have a question about it I hope you all can answer. Can I use my iron sights while the scope is mounted? Also, does Trijicon have a webpage I can check out? Lastly, do any of you have any experience with this scope? Any positive or negative comments about it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JMB,
I've got a 4x32 ACOG. I think it is the scope for the AR. Yes you can use your iron sights with the carry handle mount. I've had mine for nearly 10 years and it still illuminates brightly. The TAO-1 NSN model is calibrated for M855 (62 gr) out of a 14.5" M4 barrel. The standard 4x32 is calibrated for M855 out of a 20" M16A2 barrel.

My only complaint would be no lens covers. I prefer a method to protect such an expensive piece of glass. I believe that Butler Creek makes a cover for the rear lens and there are some field expedients out there for the objective lens.

Trijicon does have a website. It's www.trijicon-inc.com/index2.htm

They do answer their e-mail promptly.
HTH
Jeff

JMB,

Use the search engine feature at the top right hand portion of the page. Enter with the keyword ACOG. Several threads have already been written about this excellent scope. I think you'll find answers to most of your questions and a few you've not thought of yet!

------------------
Mykl
~~~~~
"If you really want to know what's going on;
then, you have to follow the money trail."
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Back