trijicon accupoint on a m77 ruger . . . help!

novice1216

Inactive
I recently bought a new .308 Ruger m77 Hawkeye. I already have a trijicon accupoint that was used on a different gun. The scope has a 30mm tube with 56 objective size. The rifle came with 1" rings but Ruger will exchange my rings for the 30mm rings that they offer. The only problem is that the rings were built to accomadate a scope with a 52 objective size. Can I mount a scope that has an objective of 56 with rings that have a 52, or do I have to come out pocket and buy new rings?:confused:

Well, I would go ahead and exchange them, because you might get lucky and have a combination that will work. If it doesn't work, you will then know how much higher rings you need...

To try them out, I would mount the lower half of the rings first, then try to place the scope carefully in the rings. It may help to have the rifle in an improvised vise (like a bunch of catalogs or something...just to keep it from falling over.)

If the scope touches the front ring and the objective clears the barrel by 1/8" or so, you're good. I believe anything less is questionable.

You can't have anything touching the barrel, including scope covers. :)

Back