Triggers, Timney or Bold

Sisco

I want to upgrade the trigger on a '98 Mauser. Midway has their Bold Optima (with side safety) on sale $30 less than the compairable Timney trigger. Opinions please? I realize there are better triggers out there but the budget on this project won't allow a Jewell, and I would think either of the other two would be an improvment over the stock one.

I'd try a Timney, just because I have no experiance with a Bold at all. Timney has been around a long time.
I did a Jewell in a Win mod 70 and it was a real b*tch. The end result was great, but not a chore for a novice. BTW, the Jewell in the AR is almost a drop in, by comparison.

SK, I haven't used the Bold line. The main reason for this is that they are carried by Gun Parts Corporation. While GPC is a pretty good parts house I've found that their "other-than-replacement-parts" items usually leave a lot to be desired. I've used Jewell, Canjar, Timney and Dayton-Traister triggers in the custom rifles I build on 98 actions. The DT is hard to beat at $40. That's the trigger I use as standard in the rifles I build. George

Back