trigger time

oldscot3

So I took two to the range this morning to shoot test loads, my Wby Vangard 270 Win and my Ruger 77 Hawkeye FTW in 6.5 Creedmoor (newly acquired).

I shot the Ruger first to get it on paper; holy smokes it has a nice trigger for out of the box. While it cooled I shot my 270. Dang! I thought that trigger never would release.

Now I hunted all last season with my 270, was used to it, didn't think the trigger was so bad. It breaks consistently at 3 lbs. and I have a shoe on it. But shooting it right after the Ruger with its 2 lb. pull I was amazed.

I think I'm going shopping for a Wby Vg trigger. I looked at Timney's site, their trigger is listed as 3 lbs. and they don't specify if you can go lower.

I believe you can go lower. I have a Timney on a 98 Mauser that's set at two pounds. Call Timney as see what they say.
Paul B.

I have a weatherby vanguard SII and it has a adjustable trigger and mine is set at 2.5 lbs.. I also have a older weatherby vanguard that has a nice light crisp trigger but honestly I have never checked that one to see if it is adjustable.

Mine is an older Vanguard, it is adjustable, just won't adjust below 3 lbs without malfunctioning. I've read there is a modification that can be made that involves machining or filing the trigger blade down , but I'd rather not do that.

I'll check out the Rifle Basix site.

Paulb made me think... I have several Timneys on mausers and they're adjusted below 3 lbs. So I rechecked their site and made a discovery... the box that indicates pull weight, 3 lbs, is actually a link.(Doh!) If you click it, you get a selection menu ranging from 1.5 to 4 lbs. Kind of a goofy way to do it in my opinion. Why not just put it in the specs section that it adjusts from 1.5 to 4 lbs?

Anyway, I have options now that include Timney.

Back