Trigger problem

jfrancis

I just bought a new Strayer Voight Infinity Compact (double-stack 1911-style semiauto) in .40 S&W.

With no magazine in the gun, the trigger pull is reasonably light (est. 4-5 lb) and perfectly consistent.

With a magazine inserted, the trigger pull becomes inconsistent, requiring variable amounts of pressure to fire and sometimes becomes extremely heavy.

Any ideas?

John Francis

Jfrancis, I agree with Rex. Most 1911 smiths will have a trigger bow anvil that reshapes the bow. You could do it by trial and error or simply replace the trigger. I had a customer who I built a compact 1911 for with a lightweight Dlask trigger installed. He brought the gun back after a couple of days with the same problem and his grip saftey didn't function. What had happened is he had bent the bow making sure the grip safety worked properly by squeezing the trigger as hard as he could without depressing the safety. These lightweight triggers are fairly fragile and bend easily. The best fix for yours may be what I was finally able to talk him into; a stronger trigger like a Videki. George

Back