Trigger on an 880SQ

DOCSpanky

First off, I love this rifle for $250 I can outshoot $1000 10/22's. It is incredibally accurate with CCI Mini-Mags. I am looking however to correct the only flaw in the gun. It takes a gorilla effort to pull the trigger. Using a home improvisation, I measured it at around 8-8.5 lbs to pull it. Any suggestions or comments as to how to smooth this out? I'd like to see it in the smooth 4 lb. range maybe even less.

------------------
DOCSpanky HM3 USN
Happiness is a smoking gun and a dead criminal;)

DOCSpanky,
I saw this topic a few mins. ago and thought that you would have 1000 replies by now. The trigger pull on all Marlin rimfires are less than desirable but they are very easy to correct.Simply disassemble the rifle,and look closly at the trigger group. It is a very simple design. I take the trigger and sear out of the action and stone and polish both mating surfaces.BE CAREFUL to keep the same angle on both surfaces! DON'T get crazy! Re-assemble and try the trigger often. Too much will ruin the parts.
I can't guarantee a 4 or 3 pound trigger every time, but it will be much, much better!
I know of no after market triggers for these rifles. If you don't feel comfortable with my short instuctions, take it to a local gunsmith.If you take your time, and don't get carried away, this is a very simple task.
It was one of my first projects when I was learning from my dad. If you run into a problem or need help, I will be MORE THAN HAPPY to assist! cbrant@nb.net
CALVIN
" IM THE NRA! "

Whoa...my 882SS has a 2.5 lb pull out of the box! I feel lucky.

Thanks for the advice on polishing the sear and hammer cjb! I am going to pull it out and take a look at mine -- I might do a very light polish tonight.

Good luck Spanky!

Hueco

I had an 881 that I shortened the firing pin spring on and it made a big difference , just dont take too much off or you will get misfires . Good luck , Mike...

Back