Trigger issues on a new gun

BigMikey76

Just got a new Taurus G2C. Already had one for a little while, and got this one for my wife because she liked it so much. The older one has never had any issues, but there is something strange going on with the trigger on the new one - if the pressure of the trigger press is even slightly off from straight back, it hangs up, sometimes to the point of being completely locked. If I let off and try again, it will press just fine, as long as I take my time and make sure the pressure is straight back. Since the purpose for the gun is self defense, and you can't be assured of perfect circumstances when the chips are down, this is just not an acceptable situation.

I'm no expert, but I figure one of the internal doo-hickies is getting caught up on some sort of thing-a-ma-bob. Feel free to correct my super technical terminology, please.

Any suggestions on how to fix it, or should I just use the warranty?

If your suggestion is limited to something in the "You shouldn't have bought a Taurus" category, please save it - that just isn't helpful.

Sounds like a burr on the do-hickey is catching on the thing-a-ma-bob. If you're adventurous and handy with small complicated mechanical devices you could probably find it ...but that is what warranty is all about. If you tackle this yourself the warranty is likely voided. If you can't wait for warranty service, you could take it to a local gunsmith. But if the local Smith isn't as backed up as the warranty department, you probably don't want them doing anything to your self defense gun.:D

The thing about trigger doohickys that don't work right sometimes is they can lead to someone getting accidentally killed.

Taurus customer service is aware of that,and they have a lot to lose.In any case,they own the results.

If we get our nail,claw hammer,and Dremel tool out on the kitchen table....We just might not get all them trigger doohickys working right.

My experience,it took very little for my former spouse to lose confidence in a handgun...regardless the reason. Another good reason to let Taurus do it.(And hers was a S+W revolver! A combination of poor ,dirty 4227 ammo and poor technique,pressing the ejector rod with the muzzle down,left unburned powder granules in places that made a perfectly good Model 10 get cranky..

"Splainin it did not help.She did not like it any more.

Back