Trigger improvement on a SW 4506-1?

a_black

Inactive
Love the gun but can't stand the trigger... Breaks so far back it always feels like it's never going to fire. I'm shooting this next to a 226, some CZ75 clones and even a old Astra A-100, and those triggers don't have this issue.

Others have talked about a nice crisp SA trigger and it doesn't seem like they could be talking about the same gun. Is this a spring issue or was it designed this way? Is this something a gunsmith could improve?

You could get a trigger job from a gunsmith, though that will really only smooth out the DA pull a bit, most likely break in the same place. I would try putting in some new springs first to see if that makes any difference. Just remember, its a duty gun, not a match pistol.

Breaks so far back it always feels like it's never going to fire
Others have talked about a nice crisp SA trigger and it doesn't seem like they could be talking about the same gun
Actually, what most people talk about with S&W's (especially the 3rd Gen) is the extremely short and definitive trigger reset. What you decribe- breaking so far back- pretty much goes hand-in-hand with that short reset.

I don't have a 4506, but do have a 39-2, 915, and a pair of 5906's. The trigger DOES break way back, and then it resets about that same point.

In other words, I think what you're describing, is just the way they are.

Actually, what most people talk about with S&W's (especially the 3rd Gen) is the extremely short and definitive trigger reset. What you decribe- breaking so far back- pretty much goes hand-in-hand with that short reset.

I don't have a 4506, but do have a 39-2, 915, and a pair of 5906's. The trigger DOES break way back, and then it resets about that same point.

In other words, I think what you're describing, is just the way they are.
I'd agree. The triggers do break far back. That's how they are.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yep, that's the way they are. I have no problem with it, but I'm not a trigger sensitive guy. I can get used to a "bad" trigger a lot easier than a grip I don't like (Glock and 1911).

Back