Trigger (hammer) too light now. Different ammo?

So I've been looking about one the forum to see if I could find someone who had a similar problem but I can't seem to narrow down the search results enough and get pages full of post that don't match my problem, so if it was covered before I apologize.

So I bought a trigger enhancement kit for my 1911. Made a HUGE difference in the trigger pull, and I LOVE the way the trigger feels now. The problem is that it now seams to be too light and when I took it to the range about 3 our of 16 rounds fired. After manually cycling through the second mag I decided to stop and I'll use those rounds in a different weapon.

So does anyone know of a factory brand of .45acp that has softer primers in them which might work for me?

Thanks for the suggestions!

The problem is probably with the mainspring. People will sometimes think of a reduced-rate mainspring as a form of cheap trigger job, but there are knock-on effects, such as reduced ignition reliability and over-acceleration of the slide in recoil.
If your kit came with a mainspring, you might try swapping it out for the stock one.
Also, check that your trigger overtravel screw, if there is one, is not adjusted so that the hammer hooks are hitting the nose of the sear and slowing the hammer's fall.
If the gun has a Series-80 style firing pin block, it's also possible that an improperly adjusted trigger overtravel screw will prevent the firing pin from being completely unlocked, and that will also result in light primer strikes.
Among handloaders, Federal primers are known to be the easiest to crack.

Back