Trigger does not release

skeeter

Just had a Videki trigger put on a new Colt CCO. It was never fired with the old plastic trigger so I am not sure the problem is the new trigger.Out of 200 rounds the trigger did not return to the ready position 4 or 5 times. At first moving the mag caused it to return. Then it would return when I pulled the trigger to the forward position. Besides the trigger bow hitting the mag is there any other way this could happen? Should the bow be polished? Thanks

Pull the slide off, put in an EMPTY mag, and check to see if the trigger bar is rubbing. Only thing I can think of.

skeeter,

Sometimes the trigger bows aren't straight or aligned with the shoe and have to be adjusted during fitting. It could be dragging on the mag or dragging in the frame slot. A quick disassembly and visual check could confirm this fairly quickly. The top and bottom of the shoe usually have to be fitted to the frame as well and can drag or bind if not done properly.

A couple of other potential causes could be insufficient pressure with the trigger return leaf of the sear spring or dragging on the grip safety (new triggers sometmes require slight grip safety adjustments).

Mikey

Back